Amazon Description: Do you have a child in your early childhood classroom who:
- Climbs on top of furniture and jumps off?
- Covers his ears when children are singing?
- Refuses to touch clay, paint, or sand?
- Often falls down and skins his or her knees?
- Refuses to play on outdoor playground equipment?
If so, it is possible this child is having trouble with sensory integration. How can teachers help children with these problems so they can enjoy learning and grow in positive ways? The Sensory Integration Book helps identify children who have difficulties with sensory processing and offers preschool teachers simple, easy-to-use solutions to support the sensory needs of young children in the preschool classroom. Easy-to-implement solutions include adaptations and activities for children with different types of Sensory Processing Disorder. This book has a bonus chapter with instructions on creating low-cost items to help children with sensory issues.
Christy Isbell is a pediatric occupational therapist with specialized training in both sensory integration and neuro-developmental treatment. Dr. Rebecca Isbell is director of the Center of Excellence in Early Childhood Learning and Development. She is a professor of early childhood education at East Tennessee State University, where she was recognized as a distinguished professor for teaching.
If you would like to purchase this book, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but The Sensory Spectrum gets a small percentage to allow me to continue offering information about SPD for free. Thanks for your ongoing support!
- Answers to Questions Teachers Ask about Sensory Integration (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- Helping Hyperactive Kids – A Sensory Integration Approach (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- Out on the Frontier (thejennyevolution.com)
- Here’s My Number- So Call Me Crazy (voicesofsensoryprocessingdisorder.com)
- Book Review: Answers to Questions Teachers Ask About Sensory Integration (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- A Teacher’s Guide to Sensory Processing Disorder (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- Voices of Sensory Processing Disorder October Newsletter (voicesofspecialneeds.com)
- Building Sensory Friendly Classrooms to Support Children with Challenging Behaviors (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- Top Questions About Sensory Processing Disorder in Children (thesensoryspectrumblog.com)
- Confessions of a Bad Mom (voicesofsensoryprocessingdisorder.com)